|Where:||Sportkantine Westvliet, Westvliet 55 Den Haag|
|Meetup link:||Meetup link|
This month we're looking into invarients, and immutability.. concepts that have been spreading in the realmof DDD, and making their way into the PHP world. So let's watch Jeroen vvan der Gulik as he makes the objectsdo his bidding, and teach us while he's at it!
• 19:00 - 19:20: Welcome with drinks & snacks
• 19:20 - 19:30: Intro by SweetlakePHP
• 19:30 - 20:30: Object Invariants, Immutability & You: Making Objects Do Your Bidding By Jeroen van der Gulik
• 20:30 - 20:45: Break
• 20:45 - 21:30: Group discussion
• 21:30 - 21:45: Raffle, Announcements, Feedback
• 21:45 - ??:??: Networking and drinks
Talk: Object Invariants, Immutability & You: Making Objects Do Your Bidding
Code tells a story, but is it the actual story the original author wanted to tell? A lot of time the original storygets lost, as new functionality gets bolted on, or key parts are extracted, leaving behind an incomplete picture.These repurposed objects might pass all the unit tests but have no actual meaning in the context of the original story.
We will take a look at how we can more easily communicate the purpose of code to future developers, by introducingcontracts and immutability, and using explicit context bound language, to give meaning to the code and keep the storywhole.
About: Jeroen van der Gulik (n0xie)
Jeroen is CTO at Isset, Builder of Artificial Stupidity, knows some things about scaling, learning a lot about DDDand modeling, enjoys long walks on the beach, likes cats.
- Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
- Symfony Framework Deepdive - Security (Joshua Thijssen)
- Jetbrains PHPStorm license